Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BDIB:Mint & Coral / BFSC: High Waisted Bottom

Hey peeps!

Killing two birds with one stone is a regular around these parts.  Actually, I have no choice because I want to play with my fellow bloggers but I have other responsibilities too.  Today's outfit is just that.  To participate this go around with the Bloggers Do It Better series, I had to wear mint and coral. Both colors are hot this season and I have a couple of pieces in each color but nothing that was working well enough together for me.  So off to the thrift store I went.


 Click the above button to see more bloggers work 
the mint and coral for more fashion ideas.


I found this mint tunic for $2 and this coral skirt for $3 in less than 10 minutes of being in the store.  The thrifting gods were with me!   I went in there solely for this purpose so I left without doing too much damage this time.  Kudos Mrs. T Mac for showing some major restraint!  Watchouttherenow!
Yes...I went shopping just for that.  It works for me...lol.

When I got it home and tried it on the skirt was a lil long for my taste.  I rolled it up (not too much because the tunic is pretty long) and added the belt to wear it as a high waisted bottom which will satisfy another on my my BFSC list!  If you haven't already, please check out Jasifer's challenge.
Thanks Ticka for shouting it out and getting me in trouble...lol.  Nah...no trouble but a fun challenge.

Two birds with one stone...
This girl is a freakin' genius! 
(as my husband would say but usually when I do something not so smart)


I had all intentions to throw some animal print pieces with this but I wanted to keep it girlie girl and accessorize with the silver.  I didn't want to be over the top girlie so I stayed away from the pearls. When I remix this outfit another time I will do the animal print.

I was hoping to wear pants for my mint and coral outfit because I posted a few skirts/dresses the last few posts and I wanted to balance things out.  It didn't work out that way but I am pleased with my thrifted finds.  Happy camper here!

So for to all my readers, I've said this before and I will say it again...THRIFT SHOP THE TREND!

The outfit:
Top & Skirt: Thrifted total: $5
Purse: Thrifted
Necklace: The Streets of NYC
Belt: Burlington
Random bangles
Sandals: Old as dirt and don't remember where I got them
I will say Burlington but not sure. (sue me)

Thanks for stopping by 
Stay fly and stay tuned!
 
 
TODAY'S LINK UPS:
 

 
Rolled Up Pretty 
 

29 comments:

  1. Your outfits looks beautiful on you. Lovely color combination.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, excuse me Miss Thang!! dont you look hot - I love this 2 tone dress....love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, its a shirt and top - oh well, you did just that good..you make it work together so well it looks like a one piece..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly ROCK the coral and mint Tavia, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    TO DIE FOR.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU LOOK GORGE!!! I seem to never find great pieces at the thrift shops... which ones do u frequent?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! You accomplished the challenge perfectly! I love it and these colors are really pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this girl! Love the color combo, super chic love pastels! :D and those shoes, love them, I want me own pair, so classic and chic! you're looking flyyyyyyy! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look Gorgeous! Love these colors on you!

    thenouxrejekt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit, I really like this color combination!!!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look GREAT. I love that color combination, and I LURV what you did with the silver accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh! I cant believe that outfit was $5!!! WOW, yes the thrifting gods were extremely good to you! I love how you styled this with the silver pieces! Two thumbs up!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg love the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow such a great look and $5?!?!?!? I'm jealous, you must teach me your ways.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color combo! AND a $5 outfit? *round of applause* LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job with the color combo....and the price...Priceless! :)
    -Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe you scored this skirt and top in 10 minutes and with $5! LUCKY!!!!!! I love this look, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was definitely a stroke of luck, finding your outfit in 10 minutes. I love it when that happens though!
    I have to try out some of these challenges. They look fun. And do I even need to say you look great?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this look. The colors work so well together and when you revealed how much you paid for each item.....I swooned!!! Lovely styling hunni!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow,you definately rocks gal,I can't imagine you got at that price..

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun!!!!

    Your color blocking game is on point! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so cute,hon ! I have also a mint-coral outfit on my last post ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute color combo! Believe it or not I have no mint in my closet! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yessss. I am just going to echo what everyone else said. Amazing color combo. Love those sandals.

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  24. skirt and belt are sooooo cute! i really love the style you showcase :)

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thrift stores are definitely my first stop for trends. You did great and found some nice pieces. We can always find a reason to shop can't we!?

    http;//thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to show me blog love.Your comments mean the world to me! Thank you!