Friday, February 8, 2013

Style Me Friday: Proportion Play

Happy Friday Peeps!

Today I have the pleasure in linking up with Eboni at The Fashionista Next Door.  Every week Eboni posts a look to recreate.  This week the look is all about proportions...mixing over sized and fitted pieces. 

 
Here is the look that was the  inspiration for the week.


Now because I am a thicker woman, I have to be careful of wearing certain things.  The first thing is over sized clothes because for a woman of a particular size, it can add unnecessary weight. I also have to be selective in how I wear my skinny belts.  I choose to wear mine with more structured outfits such as a pencil skirt and a more structured blouse and blazer.  This is because the belt can get lost in my pillows...yeah I said pillows.  Because of these minor issues, I was not too literal with my re-creation.


The funny part of this look is I almost always put on a belt to cinch my waist...sometimes I have to catch myself because not EVERY outfit calls for a belt.

 
Ok so the weather outside is frightful...well, in the DMV it is just a little gloomy.  So the pics I took today do nothing to capture the true colors of this outfit.  So I will just mentioned that this outfit reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream. 


The sweater is a mint color, the shirt is a light brown with chocolate stripes and the belt, boots and straps on the purse are a dark brown.  Now...off to get some ice cream!
 
What I wore:
Sweater: Thrifted
Shirt: Thrifted
Jeans: Thrifted
Boots: Go Jane
Belt: Target
Purse: Thrifted
Watch: Fossil
 
Please be sure to stop by Eboni's to check out the other re-creations!
Thanks for stopping by
Stay fly and stay tuned!

20 comments:

  1. Cute, ya'll are rocking this inspiration look!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Tia...I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  3. that mint sweater is so cute!!! you betta work!!
    http://www.unexpectedlyfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look!!

    All things J
    http://trinibkbabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous look
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove your boots! I really think you punched it up because it was a little bland. Also love how you added in the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely fabulous! Great recreation of the look. Loving the added patterns, the use of colors and them boots. HOT!!!

    http://elementsofavoluptuousbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your recreation! Awesome reminder that fashion is much more fun when we make it our own!

    XO Kelley
    www.keepsittingpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mint green! Great interpretation of the look. Love the belt too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rather have you and your KILLER boots than the inspiration.
    Do keep in touch, my dear Tavia.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you pulled this look off flawlessly!!! Loving the cinched waist and those boots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look! This is so fabulous! Definitely loving the boots!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyaldesigns.com

    Kenya L Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those boots! That belt! Love them!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi to all, how is everything, I think every one
    is getting more from this website, and your views are fastidious in support of new people.


    Also visit my weblog ... best weight loss diet

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to show me blog love.Your comments mean the world to me! Thank you!