Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thinking Spring! ~ Turquoise & Cobalt

Greetings to you all!

It is Wednesday after a beautiful Tuesday of Spring like conditions in the DMV.  Mannnn...it was such a beautiful day...such a tease because today the temps drop and we are back to expecting a wintry mix.  I choose to stay in my Spring state of mind.  Only a few more weeks you guys!


Lighter colors naturally have you think of spring.  I chose to color block some turquoise and cobalt and pair with an all neutral bottom.  I could have finished this look off with a pink pump, a blue pump or a turquoise pump but I thought chose to stay neutral.  Just the way I was feelin' at the moment.
 
 
I added a fuchsia belt for some sassiness. :)
 
 
Or is it the split that gives the sassiness? *wink*
 
    Blazer and Skirt: Thrifted  Blouse: NY & Co.  Belt: Target                  
                                                 Pumps:  Simply Vera via Kohls 
                                                      receive 10% off orders until 3/9/13 Code: TENFORBLOG
 


*side bar* I grew up a tomboy always in sneakers and in my adult life I am most comfy in my loosest fit jeans and flats.  But I tell you, I do feel like such a lady when I put on my skirts and pumps! 
My husband says that my walk changes with my style of clothes. 
He says it's the attitude.  You know, the premise of you feel the way you look...
  I say it's the 5 inch pumps.  lol.


Well anyway...hold tight you guys.  Spring is on the way!

Thanks for stopping by.
Stay fly and stay tuned!
 
TODAY'S LINK UPS:
 
STYLELIXIR Style Sessions
 
 
Because Shanna Said So

Create Hope Inspire Wardrobe Wednesday
 
Rolled Up Pretty
 
button
 
Thrifters Anonymous
 

22 comments:

  1. Love the varying blues - you look GREAT Tavia! Stopping by from the linkup, have a wonderful Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO many things I love about this outfit. Turquoise and cobalt are a match made in heaven. Your fun pop of pink in the belt is unexpected and perfect. Those nude heels are to die for! Thanks so much for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love turquoise. Always have. It is such an elegant color and looks elegant on you! Love the outfit!

    www.curviebirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super radiant combo woman! It's been too long since I've stalked your blog....forgive me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair! Nice colors and look. Stay warm in DMV!!



    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful colors together..love it

    www.jayla31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh color combo. I like the neutral skirt to ground the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful, LOVE that blazer!!!

    -Priiincesss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that outfit on you! The colour of the blazer is fantastic!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great outfit! I love your mix of cobalt and turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just love that blazer girl! and your hair is so pretty :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute n' professional! I love your ensemble!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    Instagram: Cmichellestyles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for stopping by...it means so much to me! :)

    Tavia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cuuuuuttttteeee!!! Me likey long time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors look soooo great together!!! Love it!!

    -Cherrie
    CherrieAmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh the cobalt/turquiose looks fabulous together! My mom just bought a sweater from the Prabal Guruing for Target collection in those colors.. looks like I will be borrowing it from her closet! ;) Found you via the I Feel Pretty linkup
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    {Enter My Giveaway for a Monogram Leather Clutch Here!}

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color combos!! You look fabulous!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these colors together! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving this color combo, the blue shades and neutral is a def thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to show me blog love.Your comments mean the world to me! Thank you!