Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Very Dear & Important "Off-Topic" for Me!

Hey Fashion Friends! 

This post is off the topic of fashion but very important to me and would mean more to me if you hear me out.

As you know from my last post I have been a little M.I.A. because I have been extremely busy with my sons' football season.  You also know my youngest son have gone deep into the post season and have managed to stay undefeated and repeat as Conference, State and Regional champions.  With this they are advancing to the National Championship in Florida.  To go to Nationals it is a heavy expense and us parents have been actively raising money since July.  Thanks to the help of many, we are close to our goal, yet there is still in need.



Dear Prospective Sponsor:

My name is Devan Parrish and I am a member of the Prince George’s Storm Youth Association’s Cadet Football team. My football team has earned the right to compete in the 2012 American Youth Football National Championship, which will be held in Orlando, Florida, December 1-8, 2012. The cost of travel and related expenses for the 20 players and 5 staff members is approximately $20,000.

Prince George’s Storm Youth Association has been in existence since 2002 with great leadership, volunteer coaches and staff, parent participation, and community support. The Storm’s mission is to offer a range of quality athletic, educational and outreach programs as a vehicle to: impart Christian-based principles, empower and develop youth leadership, cultivate a fun and safe environment for youth, and strengthen and build strong communities. As one of the longest-running, independent youth organization in the state Maryland, Prince George’s Storm has achieved various levels of success during its ten year history.

I respectfully ask you to make a donation today. Your contribution will go a long way to help make our dream a reality. We take pride in being a team of hard-working young men between the ages of nine and eleven, who excel both on and off the football field. My teammates and I work hard in the classroom and are all honor roll students.  We participate in a variety of extracurricular activities, and serve as youth leaders in our community. Please contact my coach at president@pgstorm.com if you would like additional information or go to www.pgstorm.com to learn more about the Storm.

Respectfully,


 


Devan  #10 and the PG Storm
(2012 Metro AYF Conference, Maryland State and Atlantic Regional Champions)

______________________________________________________________________________


Please help support Devan and his team in this effort. Whatever you can donate would be greatly appreciated.  Here is the Storm’s Rally page. If you want to donate you can find Devan’s picture and click donate. For Devan to receive the credit you have to use his name when you type in the comments section. So basically, you can just say “Go Devan!” or something like that.

Many thanks you in advance!!! 
Stay fly and stay tuned!


 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. First of all, I want to congratulate your sons on a job well done! I know this is an exciting time for them. I hope they win!

    Secondly, I've made a donation for Devan because I know how important this is for the little ones. I wish I could have done more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoooodness Daisha! You have no idea how much your donation means to me. You say you wish you could have done more but the fact that you did anything is big for us! Thanks soooo much!!!

      Delete
  2. Your son is so cute in his football uniform. Its almost sports season for my son too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he definitely is cute in his uniform..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to show me blog love.Your comments mean the world to me! Thank you!