Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Bus Partying Santa Baby!

*UPDATE* January 6, 2011
I wanted to participate in Bloggers Do It Better Sequin Edition and haven't had a chance to take any pictures wearing more sequin, so I submitted this previous post!  Sparkle Sparkle everyone!


Bloggers Do It Better



Hey there fashion peeps!

I had a pretty decent and eventful weekend.  Alright let me tell you...I have a pretty hip momma and it was her birthday weekend.  How she decided to celebrate her birthday was to get a party bus.  That's right, ma dukes said let's party on a bus.  So this is exactly what we did.  The itineray was to party on the bus and make a few pit stops.  Because we are in the DMV (DC, MD, & VA area) during the winter it is COLD!!!  I mean, the hawk was out Saturday night.  I knew it was going to be cold so I had to come up with a fit that was fashionable, festive yet functional.  Functional being, keeping my buns from freezing off.  You would think being a native NY'er having to walk to school in a foot of snow uphill both ways, I could handle it...NOT!  Here is what I came up with.

  

               

I also used this fit to participate in Bloggers Rock the Colors of Christmas link party

&
  for the For Style Sake's Santa Baby Contest. 
I just took off the denim trousers and put on a skirt and a different pair of shoes. 
If you have a minute I would appreciate if you could stop by and vote :-)


 What's up with the look on my face...smh



The Fit
Black Blazer: K&G
Denim Trousers: Thrifted
Black Skirt: ? (had it forever)
Black Blouse: Burlington
Sequin Tank: Dots
Scarf (worn as a tie): Random Vendor
Booties and Shoes: Go Jane
Red & Gold Earrings: DIY


Here is the Birthday Diva Ms. D aka Ma D aka D Ma (what my boys call her)...isn't she fabulous?!? 

One other pic, I wanted to share...me at the MLK memorial.  This was one of the party bus pit stops.  This is an AWESOME memorial!!  I wish it wasn't so cold so that we could enjoy it more.   


Thanks for reading.
Stay fly and stay tuned!

26 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great weekend! That party bus thing wounds so fun! I am very familiar with the DMV area!! I have 3 aunts in Laurel, MD and a sister in the Fairfax area. I used to live in Glen Burnie! You look fantastic! I love that jacket with the sequin top! Your scarf as a tie is cute. YO MAMA "D" you doing it!! Yes Ma'm!! lol HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know you did it with the sequin tank!! I love this fit. So classy and fancy!

    Love that your mom got a party bus to do it big on her birthday! I know you guys had a blast.

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. An oh yea... I voted for you gurl!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kiah...we have more and more in common. So you know the area well. Thanks hun :)

    @Ticka, you know how I appreciate it the support! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this post makes me miss the DMV. I love the sequin top and your hair is so lush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoes are hotness.

    http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time. Love your shoes and picture with MLK.

    -Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mum looks stunning - happy belated birthday Ms.D:) You look great Mrs. T, love sequin tank and the scarf vibe... Voted!
    xx
    5th&6th
    www.fifthnsixthcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated b-day to momma! Loving the sequined top. Fab look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you, your blog and your fabulous hair, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Following and adding you to my blogroll inmediately.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. the tank and shoes made me swoon! Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the peak of sequins from beneath the blazer!!!! I'm all about sequins lately :)

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the glitzy top and the touches of Christmas red.....great outfit!!

    Thanks so much for linking up :)
    Bloggers Rock the Colors of Christmas Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got the coolest mom ever! Love the party look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like so much fun darling. What a cool mom. Fierce fashion too...love your outfit, especially your shoes. Linked over from Collette's blog. Merry Christmas xo Dawn Suitcase Vignettes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well hello there Tavia. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I must say that you are looking very fierce in this outfit. I love the layering. It just gave me some additional inspiration for my sequined tank top. I love the hair. If I had just been a little bit more patient with my natural curls... Well let me get back to checking out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see where you got your fashion sense! Your mom looks gorgeous! I love the gold top and the earrings. Both pairs of your shoes are fabulous!! Love them!
    Found you via Statements in Fashion!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the outfit and your hair , amazing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice shoes & thanks for your comment!

    xoxo
    MissCrystal

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look AMAZING Diva...and that top in the first pic is FAB! You betta WERK girl!!

    Myeshia

    http://Full-FiguredDiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like such FUN!!!!! happy Belated B-Day MA D!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those shoes are FIERCE! Visiting from BDIB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the sequin with the blazer. Cute! Stopping by from BDIB!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to show me blog love.Your comments mean the world to me! Thank you!