Thursday, November 17, 2011

Paying Homage to the Original Diva


Hey Divas,

It is Thursday and this time next week a lot of us will be in need of some elastic pants.  I got mine ready and I can't wait!  When I first started to compose this post, I had no intentions to go the route I decided to go.  It wasn't until I kept looking at the above pic, I kept feeling my inner Diana.  I just keep wanting to break out and sing...ahem *key Ain't No Mountain High Enough music* Ahhhh ahhh ahhh ahhhh...oooh ooh ooh ohhhhhh.  If you need me, call me. No matter where you are, no matter how far...

The Outfit:  Wrap:Ashley Stewart   Dress & Shoes: Newport News   Body chain: Street Vendor   
Random Bangles   Pinlet: Safety pin bracelet designed by D (my mom) specific post coming soon!

OK...I'm done...but ...

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it, don't want it.  If there's a remedy for this, I run from it...

OK...for real I'm done.  But on the real, Love Hangover is one of the best Disco songs ever.  Dance to the extended version and you are sure to drop a pound or two (it will only work if you put it on blast to where the speakers jump...lol) Now I will admit, I have never been the biggest Diana fan but game recognizes game.  One thing I can always say about Diva Diana  is that she has always been on the cutting edge of fashion. I have seen her dubbed a fashion icon.  No matter what you feel about her, that label is rightfully deserved.   And since this is a fashion blog and all, I wanted to share of a couple of  Diana's fiercest looks throughout the years.



 So, I was inspired to pay homage to the original diva and with gathering these pics, I got some inspiration for a couple outfits.  Hopefully you all can get a little fashion inspiration from
the Boss, Ms. Ross!

Thanks for reading!
Stay Divafied, 

13 comments:

  1. I like your shoes and I love Diana Ross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green color on you!! Gurl you look FAB!!! I love the way that body chain accessorized the dress! I was never a real fan of her singing either, but Miss Diana always did her thing fashion wise.

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!!! I am loving this Diana Ross inspired look you're rocking. Get it. You have great style. **Now Following**

    7eventh Letter
    http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! That Chartreuse cape is Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous and it looks so amazing next to the purple. I love Diana Ross too!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first pic is absolutely AMAZING! LOVE IT!You look FAB girl! What a cute wrap and the color looks great on ya! Go on with yo bad self!

    Myeshia

    Full-FiguredDiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post and use of colors..you most certainly nailed the diva part!!

    www.fifthnsixthcloset.com

    xoxo
    D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress and I love Diana, fierce woman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these two colors together are perfection! you look totally divalicious! looove miss ross! thanks for the sweet comment and for following me! i am now following back :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving all of these pictures and your dress!! keep it up! :))

    hilarelise.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your yellow wrap! And all these images of Diana Ross are gorgeous!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pictures, that first one is so pretty! I love your dress too! :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!!!!! Love your wrap, the color is amazing!



    www.stilettominded.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful woman to pay homage to! Ms. Ross is a stunning DIVA indeed! Her style over the years has been amazing! My hubby has a celebrity crush on her offspring....Tracy! lol The color combination used in your outfit is sensational! The dress is so interesting with the chains draping down. Love that wrap. The scalloped edging is beautiful! Kiah

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to show me blog love.Your comments mean the world to me! Thank you!