Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Houndstooth & Python

Hey y'all!
 
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.  I don't know about you but I got a little emotional all over again watching some of the Inauguration festivities just as I did four years ago.  I don't know what is more of an honor to Dr. King's dream than to have this Nation's first Black President to be inaugurated for the 2nd term on they day we honor his legacy.  Wow.

I have been forced to shop my closet more often lately and probably will be doing it more during the next few months.  My husband and I have been doing the most financially the past three months and now the boys' extra curricular activities is really attacking our pockets.  I don't complain because this is what I signed up for.  I just really hope the boys will eventually understand how much we sacrifice for them.  I digress. So we are dialing it back a lil.

Having said all this...in this outfit you have seen both tops before.  The houndstooth top is one of my "go to's" and to add a pop of color I decided to layer my red python blouse under it.



 
Houndstooth blouse& skirt: Thrifted    Python blouse:  NY&Co  Booties: Burlington
Belt: Target  Clutch: Leather Man
 
 
 
 
Thank you all for stopping by
Stay fly and stay tuned!
 
Link Ups
 
monday mingle
 

14 comments:

  1. Hey girl!!! We do a lot for our babies, but as you said, it's what we signed up for. They will look back and be grateful.

    With that said, you are serving it up!! Love this outfit! And those booties!!?!?! YES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red, black and white, always a great classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Sing...it is my favorite color combo of all time!

      Delete
  3. You can send me the skirt and the booties.........ok carry on!!!! :-)



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, can I fall in love with your hair? Just did! You look amazing. I love the take on black white and red and the choice to mix different patterns to give the classic a new look :)

    The Indie Byline

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look AMAZING!!!!! And, yessss it an absolute blessing to be able to witness history!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you are werking this outfit!!! I love everything about it! I thought it was so symbolic that our President was inaugurated on MLK Day. I know he made MLK proud!

    -Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey T...

    Girl thanks so much for stopping by...Love your blog and your style. I am now a follower via Pinterest and GFC.

    http://simplysassysstyle.blogspot.com/

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chica, I am ready to hire you as my stylist!!! ALWAYS FLY, ninetofly. Always.

    http://iamthatchica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes, red and black can be "over-done". not in this instance. you nailed it and made it fresh by mixing the prints.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha you so fly and you know it!

    Tiff Ima
    http://stylehonestly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to show me blog love.Your comments mean the world to me! Thank you!